Sunday, March 24, 2013

13.1 and done!

Wow! We did it! I can't believe I am saying those words!! I am so excited to be able to say that I finished a half marathon! It was by far the toughest thing I have ever done! It was such a blessing to be able to do it with my brother and Caitlin. I am so proud of the both of them! God is mighty! I could not have done it without my God that is for sure! I can not tell you what it felt like crossing that finish line! I did it and I now have bragging rights! I finished the toughest half marathon in Texas! Those hills were insane! I mean insane! Frankie said during the run "We should have driven these first to get mentally prepared!" I think I would have chickened out had we driven them first! I did hills a week before the event but wow! They were tough! I am so proud of my brother for finishing. Since his injury this was his first event, and I know he was hurting, but he did it for me! He didn't leave me in the dust either, he stayed with me the entire way! Caitlin left us for a few miles but we all got back together about the last mile and we crossed the finish line together! I cried like a baby when I was done! David and the boys were there sporting my super fab shirts! I cried when I saw them, of course I did, I'm a bit of a cryer! Caden was with us the last few yards too! Our sister Veronica was also there at the finish line waiting for us and Caitlin's mom and grandma came down as well. 

Our official chip times are:
Valerie: 3 hours 42 minutes and 00 seconds
Frankie: 3 hours 41 minutes and 58 seconds
Caitlin: 3 hours 41 minutes and 58 seconds
Ok so I finished 2 seconds slower! lol

But we finished!!! Our Goal was to finish in the 4 hour time they gave us, and we did! Maybe next year I can break 3 hours and 30 minutes?! If I ever do it again. I won't at this weight. I want to lose at least 50 pounds before I try something that challenging again! 

Before the 13.1

Caitlin and I, We are ready!

My brother and me!

Lots of people! 
Who knew there are so many people that enjoy this!
Or are just crazy like me and think; 
I think I'll go out and run a half marathon today!

I think they made us wait until daylight!

The home stretch, 
Veronica and Caden waiting on us right before the finish line!



Crossing the finish line!

I told you I cried!

#TRUTH!

Showing off our finishers medals
 and my brother is wearing the shirts we got for finishing!

Happy Happy Happy!









LOVE LOVE LOVE this guy right here!

My bib and medal! 

We got medals! Isn't it purdy?!!


Now therefore stand still and see this great thing that the LORD will do before your eyes.
1 Samuel 12:16

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment